Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Want My Mommmeeeeee!

This weekend was a trial since Gabby was not sleeping well at all. I had a four-day weekend, so on Thursday we ran around and did stuff, then on the 4th did absolutely nothing. But every night she would wake up in the middle of the night crying and refusing to be calmed down. So Bill would pick her up and bring her to our bed, but she would wail the whole way over. She would only stop when she got into the bed with us and would promptly snuggle up to me and pass right out.

Unfortunately, she's also not a quiet sleeper and kicks constantly. The only problem with this is that she is the perfect length of my torso at the moment which means that her feet make exact contact with the c-section scar, which is still tender. OUCH! I also don't sleep properly with her in the bed, not wanting to inadvertently roll over and squish the poor pumpkin. She never snuggles up to Daddy in bed, only to Mommy. She also spent the whole weekend wanting only me! I guess we're getting to that particular stage. I'm going to cherish this because in about 15 years or so she'll want nothing to do with me.

Anyway, here's a recent photo. My friend Mary sent Gabby this Evenflo Exersaucer as a gift right after she was born and I put it together a couple of weeks ago. It's like crack for babies!! Then Bill put batteries into all of the little parts that require them and she will really only leave it to eat and sleep. We've created a monster!

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I miss those exersaucer days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails