Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daycare Madness

Gabby has a nemesis. She is in the same toddler class at daycare, and her name is Ryan. They seem to love each other, because we get there at roughly the same time every morning and they run and give each other huge hugs and kisses.

This is not how the rest of the day usually goes. Once a week or so, the daily recap comes with, "I fought with my friend today, and Ms. _______ (teacher) had to talk to me." Apparently, "I fought" is a euphemism for "fisticuffs." This morning when I walked in with Gabby, Ryan was already there and Gabby went to greet her and Ryan took a swipe at her. Undeterred, Gabby moved in and got her hug anyway. The teachers say this is normal behavior, but some behavior modification is still in order.

I guess the nightly beatings have to stop. Bummer.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails