Wow. This blog hasn't been updated since September? *slap on the wrist* Lots of things have been happening!
Firstly, pregnancy has been progressing well. We're almost to the end! 18 days to go until Peri the Parasite is evicted from his comfy surroundings. More on that later!!
I got laid off in November from Defenders, along with five of my coworkers. There were terms involved in the separation, but not being allowed to say anything disparaging, I will leave it at that. We were given two months of employment which served as severance, but I still have not been able to find a job. Legality aside, the belly cannot possibly have anything to do with that. Ha! But I'm taking a well-deserved break, collecting unemployment as I continue to send out applications for jobs. I have a couple of leads which will hopefully pan out in the Spring. The ultimate goal is to be back behind a desk in May or June! Peri has a spot in daycare; just need to be able to pay for it. ;)
Gabby continues to grow like a weed. It's hard to believe that the tiny little baby we brought home is going to be 3 in a week! Full of sass and vinegar, but I have no idea where she might have gotten those character traits from at all! She also has a very willing daddy wrapped firmly around all of her fingers, not just the little one. She has grown used to the idea that she is going to be a big sister and has even begun to designate toys and other stuff for "Baby brudder." It remains to be seen how she will actually react when he is here and distracting others from making her the center of the universe, but I think she can handle the sharing part just fine.
So, about this baby brother business! As of this writing, I am 37 weeks along. I am exhausted, so funemployment has been a mixed blessing. At my most recent ultrasound on Wednesday, my OB estimated that this baby is about 7 pound 7 ounces right now. With about two weeks and a half weeks and at least one more pound of growth left on the calendar, he's going to definitely outweigh Gabby, who clocked in at 7 pounds 12 ounces at birth. Peri will be delivered via scheduled C-section on February 28th. At 7:30 in the morning. *shudder* I don't do mornings; I hope anyone planning on visiting at the hospital waits until reasonable hours. Like when the sun is no longer in the sky. And they should bring food. Preferably pho or sushi.
La certezza
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment