Well, I used to think that Gabby was the one to watch as far as smart-assedness, but Gavin is a contender, no question.
He is now the ripe old age of 21 months and while we still have some trouble understanding about 25% of what he says, what we do understand can often be hilarious. His favorite word is "more" and he is able to sign this and say it. Those of you who know him well understand how appropriate this is, considering how fond he is of keeping his stomach filled. At daycare, when he was in the infant class still, they had to introduce a SECOND afternoon snack to the room because Gavin was always so ready to eat - and so very vocal about being hungry.
Last weekend though, smart-ass and belly collided with funny results. We keep the juice boxes in a fridge that they can access, but they typically don't do so without asking first. He got one out and asked me to open it for him - and to be clear, by "ask" I mean he thrust it at me and said "pweass?" After shotgunning that one, he went and got a second. I said, "No you cannot have this." Usually at this point, he will throw quite the tantrum. Imagine my surprise when he ran off with said juice box to Daddy...
Daddy: Oh you want a juice box?
Me: No, Gavin! I just said you cannot have it.
Daddy: You heard Mommy. No juice box.
Again, I brace for the tantrum. Instead, he ran through the kitchen, and paused for a second to shake his finger at me: Not nice Mommy!
And was on his way.
Between that and the terrible temper he inherited from the paternal side, I think we're in for a ride...
La certezza
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment