Friday, June 6, 2008

Daycare Darling and Starter Flirting

Gabby loves people. She must get that from her father, 'cause Mommy thinks most people should be put on a desert island and left to their own devices for the most part. This young lady walks into the daycare center in the morning and all of a sudden, people I have never met before are hailing her out and coming over to say hello. She doesn't even spare me a backward glance when I leave her in the charge of her caregivers for the day, she's so busy smiling at them and getting down to the business of being Gabby. This morning, a woman in charge of one of the toddler classrooms came over to say that she just wants to take her home with her. Good luck with that one, lady. The first time she wants a bottle and you don't have it ready in time, you're going to think you had the spawn of Satan on your hands.

Gabby also is learning to flirt with the opposite sex. I've witnessed her doing this thing where she stares at a guy for a second, looks him right in the eye, and then busts out the biggest smile. Then she looks away. I thought it was anomalous the first time she did it, but I've seen her do it again and again, and only with men. Bill better go buy that baseball bat soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Bill but she sounds like a typical Gordon woman. Especially her 'g-word' mother, Vilma.

Related Posts with Thumbnails