Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday was our first Father's Day and I woke up at 8 (!!!) and made Bill breakfast (!!!!!!!). Seriously, this is a MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT. I love to sleep.

Gabby and I then got in the car and went to the Farmer's Market to get some vegetables for dinner, then we went to the mall and bought a Father's Day present, then we got her ears pierced. Miss Madam was PISSED when Kara, the nice lady at Claire's who pierced her ears (eventually) and I were trying to hold her still so she could mark the spot. After fifteen minutes where she was screaming theatrical bloody murder, I took her back out to the car, made up a bottle, and fed her. While she was still eating, I took her back into the store and we accomplished the marking without further melodrama. She of course screamed and cried real tears with the actual piercing, but she stopped crying faster than she did when she got her shots.

To celebrate the day, we had a family dinner. I cooked lamb chops, roasted mixed vegetables and asparagus, and Uncle Ben provided some wild grain rice. Of course the family took the occasion to share baby stories, much to my chagrin as well as Ryan and Bill. Apparently Gabby's habit of continuing to suck on the empty bottle and screaming when you take it away from her comes from me, not her father. Uncle Michael also took the time to declare that he can't wait till Gabby goes through the Terrible Twos so he can see me lose my cool.

Dream on; that's not likely to happen.

All in all, it was a great day and Bill thoroughly enjoyed his first Father's Day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails