Even the one who wants to be called "Auntie" instead of "Granny" saved our butts this weekend. It was scheduled to be in the high nineties this weekend, with a heat index of 100+. On Saturday evening, the air conditioning decided to conk out and the temperature in the house rapidly climbed up to eighty degrees. I called up Auntie/Granny to invite her to spend the day with Gabby -- at her place. She readily agreed and Bill and I spent the day like landed fish in the hot house, gasping for cool air. Actually, I ventured out to run errands and buy formula, go to the grocery store, etc. I spent 3 hours outside and almost died!
On the other grandparent front, and arguably even more exciting is that Bill's mother has agreed to take care of Gabby during the day, saving us a lot of money and reassuring us that she is with a family member who will smother her with love and attention -- not that she's not getting that at the daycare center, being their darling and all. I told her primary caregiver at the daycare center this morning and her face fell. Gabby the Charmer is apparently her favorite and she is genuinely going to miss her. When I told the center Director, she was borderline rude to me about it; we're not going to miss her in the least.
Of course I forgot to download the pictures on my camera this weekend. My brain is slowly leaking out of my ears...
La certezza
1 year ago


1 comment:
jeez, the director sounds evil. You're the mom, and of course you are going to try and make things better for your daughter. and that includes deciding not to bring her to daycare anymore after circumstances have changed. By the way, the latino festival is coming up if you, Bill and pumpkin want to hang out in patterson park that weekend. assuming of course it isn't an oven still!
Post a Comment